środa, 29 sierpnia 2012

Amber Museum in Gdańsk


Amber Museum is located in 14th century gothic building which was a Torture House.
Exhibitions are in a tower, thanks to this there are five floors to visit – on each floor there is an exhibition which shows amber from different side.  Visiting this museum is also a good opportunity to feel like in medieval ages! :)



On the first floor you can see amber in nature.

On other floors there is “Amber in jewellery”,  “Amber from the down of man and “Craft and contemporary art” exhibitions. Because of a big amount of exhibits I weren’t able to take photo of all of them, so I chose the most interesting ones in my opinion. ;)
Pretty jewelery:





An amber (expensive) objects in use:





A contemporary art :


Something for instruments lovers:

Also some photos for animals lovers:


A transformation of butterfly. :)

 
Moreover, I took some photos of winners in contest “Amber and ball” organized due to UFA Euro 2012.:

And some photos of interior decoration in this museum.:


Why do I like this museum? Because it is full of interesting things and it is modern – there are magnifying glasses and microscopes which enable visitors to watch really small ambers. Moreover, there are some multimedia products thanks to which people can learn something about the history of amber.

5 komentarzy:

  1. I have never been in the museum but I find it interesting!
    I adore these amber wonders! They're really cute!
    My son would love the guitars :D

    Feel free to visit my blog :-)

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  2. Muszę tam zajrzeć będąc w Polsce - dziękuję

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  3. You have beautiful cards!
    Would you be interested in sharing with me?
    I have postcards from the library in Prague but certainly znalazłabym something that interests you. Yours. ;)

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  4. świetne inkluzje i cudeńka z bursztynu ;)

    OdpowiedzUsuń